Crepe is a Latin word which means crisp and this recipe was evolved in the old 14th century. This dish is mainly made with wheat flour and is considered as a national dish in France.
It can be compared with Indian dosa, tortilla, African injera, and the Mexican sope. Different regions enjoy this recipe in a variety of versions like with fruit jam, feta cheese, Nutella, cider, and many other toppings of fruits.
Many people get confused between crepe and pancake, but there is a slight difference between them. And this difference is about the raising agent.
In pancake baking powder or baking soda is added to make it fluffy and thicker, but in crepe recipe, baking powder is not added due to which the dish is thin and flat.
Crepe recipe is popular throughout France and is made with the combination of milk, eggs, flour, butter, and a pinch of salt. It can be made in two versions, sweet crepes and savoury galettes (unsweetened).
Crepe made with buckwheat flour is gluten-free and is good for those who are allergic to gluten products. Different ingredients can be added in the batter to make it more delicious and nutritionist.
Bodybuilders can make this crepe recipe by adding whey protein powder, egg white, oats, peanut butter, cottage cheese, and some flavouring.
Crepe recipe is easy to make and delicious to look at. If you want to make crepe recipe at home then here is the complete recipe for it:Print
- Flour 1 cup
- Salt 1 tsp.
- Egg 2
- Milk 1 cups
- Butter 2 tbsp.
- In a bowl, mix flour and salt and give it a whisk and keep it aside
- In another bowl, mix eggs and milk and whisk together till it is mixed well
- Add the mixture of egg and milk to the flour bowl. Ensure to mix at a time to make the mixture smooth
- After whole egg mix is poured and mixed with flour then add butter and whisk it again properly
- Cover the mix with a plastic wrap and keep it in the refrigerator for 1 hour
- After an hour, heat a large frying pan on medium heat and grease it with butter
- Pour cup of the crepe batter on the pan and spread it evenly
- Cook both sides for at least 30 seconds each until it is cooked nicely
- Yummy crepe is ready and you can serve it with your favorite fillings or toppings.