The HealthySimulation.com webinar platform “LEARN” hosts a number of informative healthcare simulation webinars each month. These medical simulation presentations are designed to cover a range of topics related to clinical simulation, including education, training, and practice. In May 2022, a number of presentations will be given that discuss topics related to curriculum mapping, virtual reality simulation, clinical simulation debriefing, manikin technology, and more. By registering to watch one or all of these webinars, simulationists, and learners have the opportunity to listen to and learn from various leaders across the clinical simulation industry.
HealthySimulation.com LEARN Platform Course Webinars
New 3 CE, 5 Hour Course: Operating Simulation Technologies to Improve Clinical Outcomes: Developed by Northern Alberta Institute of Technology, and instructed by Kerri Oshust, MRT (MR), MBA, Michele Edwards, ACP, and Thomas Waring, this online 5 hour, 3 CE course developed by NAIT, introduces operating simulation technologies to improve clinical education or training for improved patient care outcomes. The course will host two free informational webinars on these dates:
At the end of this course, learners will have the knowledge needed to create immersive simulations using a variety of modalities, design theories, and ethical principles. You will be able to describe the use of various technologies and implement troubleshooting skills required to effectively support a simulation program, describe the interprofessional communication skills, ethical principles, and leadership qualities required to be a successful simulation technologist.
HealthySimulation.com LEARN Platform Webinars
5/10 @ 10AM PDT: Affordable Medication Admin Training with sim2grow: A Total Solution
Presented by Roxanne Holthaus, MSN, RN, FNP, this webinar will showcase an affordable medication administration simulator that has unlimited medication pass practice from med room to bedside. Scheduled for May. 5th at 10AM PDT, this one-hour, intermediate presentation explains how sim2grow, LLC was founded by two nurse educators who understand the nursing education space and what students need to transfer this skill to patient care in the hospital.
They created a medication administration training system with all the essential elements necessary to teach safe medication administration: dispensing unit, barcode scanning, and documentation capabilities. The system eliminates the confusion and frustration that comes with makeshift practice equipment. Learners can now repeatedly practice medication passes until it is second nature. Learning objectives include:
- Recognize the need for comprehensive medication administration training in nursing programs.
- Identify the benefits and features of sim2grow med admin that solve the problems existing in their labs.
- Create use case scenarios that ensure a program's ROI for purchasing a total medication administration solution.
Presented by Ryan Ribeira, MD, MPH, this one-hour, beginner webinar will share more about the virtual reality technologies available for clinical simulation training by SimX, and covers why Virtual Reality makes medical training more affordable, repeatable, accessible, and customizable than ever before! This presentation will also provide an opportunity to learn more about the virtual reality products of SimX, a medical simulation company that develops software for virtual and augmented reality-based out of Mountain View California. SimX was founded in 2012 by physicians at Stanford and UCSF and its technologies are already in use at top medical and nursing schools across the United States including Elsevier, NYU, Air Methods, Stanford University, the U.S. Air Force, Mayo Clinic, the VA, and many more.
SimX CEO Dr. Ryan Ribeira will share more about the story behind Simx, as well as explain why VR / AR / MR is such powerfully disruptive tools in medical training. Participants will learn how SimX is different than other medical training VR platforms due to its direct development by leading physicians, which is affordable, repeatable, and meaningful! This webinar will showcase the SimX technologies and share more about the various healthcare disciplines that can benefit from using its VR simulation training tools, including the military, EMS, ACLS, Nursing programs, Psych, and OB just to name a few. A live demonstration of the SimX system will also be provided, making this webinar a unique opportunity to witness why SimX is one of the leading virtual reality platforms out there. Learning objectives include:
- Explain how clinical simulation Virtual Reality can be used instead of or in conjunction with traditional medical training methods to maximize educational and training outcomes.
- Learn why SimX is a leader in virtual reality medical training..
- Experience the SimX VR platform with a live demonstration of its available features for a variety of clinical disciplines.
5/16 @ 9:30AM PDT: Development of Distance Simulation Educator Guidelines in Healthcare
Presented by Rami A Ahmed, DO, MHPE, FACEP, May 16th at 9:30 AM, PDT, this CE webinar will discuss the development of the first set of consensus guidelines for distance simulation educators in healthcare. The abrupt disruption of in-person instruction in healthcare during the COVID-19 pandemic resulted in the rapid adoption of distance simulation as an immediate alternative to providing immersive simulation-based education. This massive instructional shift combined with the lack of educator training in this domain led to challenges for both learners and educators. The aim of this study is to disseminate the first set of competencies required of and unique to effective distance simulation educators. Learning objectives include:
- Discuss the development of consensus guidelines for distance simulation educators in healthcare.
- Describe the implications of the new consensus guidelines for all simulation educators in healthcare.
- Identify future faculty development and research opportunities stemming from the new consensus guidelines for simulation educators in healthcare.
5/18 @ 10AM PDT: Make Practice Perfect With CAE Medicor Clinical Skills Trainers
Presented by Jennifer Gregov, RDCS (AE/PE), RVT, on May. 18th at 10AM PDT, this webinar will allow participants to learn about CAE’s newest comprehensive line of clinical skills trainers – CAE Medicor. CAE Medicor is a comprehensive suite of custom-made training solutions. Featuring lifelike skin and dermal tissue, the 200-plus product line provides next-generation realism.
CAE Medicor products are ideal for those who are just starting out or supplementing a full suite of simulators – they can stand alone, be worn by standardized patients or used in conjunction with the full line of CAE mid- and high-fidelity manikins. This one-hour, beginner webinar will explain more about the CAE Medicor portfolio as CAE experts guide you through the array of products, including a demonstration of the IV arm.
- Learn about the CAE Medicor portfolio.
- Understand the different uses of CAE Medicor, from stand-alone products to supplemental simulation enhancements.
- See the IV arm product demonstrations from a clinical educator.
Presented by Kari Congenie, RN MSN CNL CHSE, on May 25th at 9AM PDT, this webinar allows participants to learn how to develop and implement an EMS K9 simulation program for police dogs injured in the line of duty. The one-hour, intermediate webinar will discuss how a K9 simulation program to help prepare EMS students and providers for these events was developed and implemented by Leo Congenie, DVM in partnership with Advocate Aurora Health and the paramedic training program at Lutheran General Hospital. Learning objectives include:
- Discuss the need for EMS education training based on a new law.
- Describe the development of a K9 simulation program for EMS providers in partnership with a hospital-based simulation center.
- Share how a K9 simulation program was implemented in partnership with a hospital-based simulation center.
Presented by Devin Marble, B.S., NRP, and scheduled for May. 25th at 1PM PDT, this one-hour, beginner presentation will showcase the latest improvements to the VRpatients virtual patient platform which now supports EMS and Nursing education. VRpatients, a virtual reality simulation training platform, successfully launched its most robust enhancements to date, adding dozens more options for instructors to train, assess and recertify first responders and nursing. Learning objectives include:
- Learn why clinical trainers need a platform that empowers them to expand quality training opportunities.
- Understand how students can benefit from the versatile VRpatients platform through web-based screens or Virtual Reality.
- Learn about the latest upgrades and features of the VRpatients platform.
Presented by Chelsea Lebo, MSN, RN, MEDSURG-BC, CHSE, this one-hour, beginner, CE webinar will explore strategies that can be helpful in obtaining faculty and institutional by in of new instructional technologies. As educators, utilizing technology allows us to facilitate learning and improve our student’s comprehension and performance of the content. Virtual reality (VR) is an immersive technology that allows the students to be engaged and active in learning. Individuals, no matter the type of learning style they have, can work through complex scenarios while focusing on the details to achieve the outcomes of the activity. Getting faculty and institution by in to integrate VR into the nursing curriculum can be a feat. We will discuss the successes and challenges that may be faced trying to implement such innovative technology. Also, we will identify resources that are essential for the effective implementation of VR. Learning objectives include:
- Explore strategies to obtain faculty and institution in undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Share the successes and challenges we faced when integrating virtual reality into our graduate and undergraduate nursing program.
- Identify resources that are helpful to faculty and institution by in, as well as integrate new technologies into one’s nursing curriculum.
More About HealthySimulation.com Webinars
HealthySimulation.com’s streamlined clinical simulation webinar platform relaunched in February, and has since featured even more informative and insightful healthcare simulation presentations! These webinars offer live and on-demand content from some of the world’s leading healthcare simulation experts, covering everything necessary to successfully start, develop or expand a clinical simulation program. Topics range from safe medication administration to moulage and manikin functions. Many HealthySimulation.com webinar presentations are recorded and viewable from anywhere at any time.